Best in glass
As VeritageMiami transitions to an autumn event, Best in Glass moves from January to late Spring. This annual wine competition is unusual in many regards, not the least of which is its bringing together the top sommeliers from Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach – the key decision makers in what gets poured into the glasses of thirsty Floridians – to choose wines they want to pour by the glass as we head into the tourist season.
Sommelier judges (only working sommeliers and F&B managers are eligible for the judging panel) will gather in May, 2016 and award-winning Best In Glass wines will be featured at local restaurants during the summer.
All entries need to be registered and received no later than April 22, 2016. We will begin accepting entries in January, so be sure to watch this space for more details.
As in the past, there is no charge to participate in Best in Glass. Wineries, distributors and importers are free to enter simply by completing a registration form and supplying three bottles of each wine to be considered. A complete information sheet and registration form will be provided on this website in the next few weeks.
We look forward to welcoming you and your wines to Best in Glass 2016 and to tasting them by the glass during the coming year.
2015 BIG WINE CHALLENGE WINNERS
BEST IN GLASS MONTH
Gold medal wines are being featured on the by-the-glass lists of dozens of participating restaurants during “Best in Glass Month”, which will run in the summer of 2016. These restaurants have selected at least two of the gold medal-winning wines to feature on their wine lists, with many restaurants choosing more than two wines, including some silver-medal winners. Gold medal-winning wines will be featured during VeritageMiami in October.
- W. Ian Beglau of Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, Miami
- Timothy Bubar of Adena Grill, Hallandale
- Yorke Dalton of Zuma Restaurant, Miami
- Don Derocher of Council Oak at the Seminole Hard Rock, Hollywood
- Carlos Fonseca of El Carajo, Miami
- Sean Florence of Il Mercato, Hallandale
- Amanda Fraga of Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, Miami
- Philip Fuentes of The Dutch at the W South Beach
- Sylvie Gervais of Mizner Country Club, Delray Beach
- Kirsta Grauberger of Market 17, Fort Lauderdale
- John Kao of The Breakers, Palm Beach
- Carol Lopez-Bethel of The Naked Bite, Miami
- Luis Mejia, formerly of Corsair by Scott Conant, Miami
- Heath Porter of Uvaggio Wine Bar, Coral Gables
- Greg Rivera of Flagler Steakhouse at The Breakers, Palm Beach
- William Salogar of Truluck’s, Fort Lauderdale
- Jennifer Wagoner of Zuma Restaurant, Miami
CONTACT / ORGANIZER INFORMATION
Lyn Farmer | email:
cell: (305) 968-7976